[Web4lib] Facebook app [for OPACS]

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu Nov 8 13:51:42 EST 2007

Clint/List

My _Friends_ blog has full descriptions and links for several

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/ ]

There are others that will be added in the future.

You (and List members) may wish to join my Facebook Group 'FacebookAppsForLibraries" [It's Open To All]

[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2469777131 ]

Happy Thursday!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

!!! Social Networking is People !!!
[ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]

>>> "Lowery, Clint" <CLowery at coj.net> 11/8/2007 12:35 PM >>>
Has anyone created an application in Facebook to search their OPAC?

I noticed one from Miami (OH), but I'm not sure how to create the code
for one and I'd like to set one up for our library.  I've created a bit
of code for a MySpace search box, but the PHP code is slightly beyond me
atm.

Any help (or a push in the right direction) is appreciated.

Thanks!

Clinton Lowery, MLIS
Integrated Library Systems
Jacksonville Public Library
3435 University Blvd North
Jacksonville, FL 32277-2464
(904) 744-2265 x 319
clowery at coj.net
http://jpl.coj.net/

Please note that under Florida's very broad public records law, e-mail
communications to and from city officials are subject to public
disclosure.