[Web4lib] Q: Where do you find server settings in unix sendmail?

Cornwall, Daniel D (EED) dan.cornwall at alaska.gov
Wed Nov 7 19:31:12 EST 2007

I have a linux-based web alerting program that sends me a monthly e-mail. When our institution switched from a smtp to an MS Exchange environment, my program (no surprise) stopped e-mailing. My linux box uses sendmail and I think it should be a simple matter of changing the mail server settings. But I can't find them. I've looked in /etc/mail and /etc/postix. I've looked through the Red Hat knowledge base and searched my favorite search engine. Nothing I can use turned up. Any ideas?

I know I'm on the outer edge of appropriate messaging on this list, but the web alerting program is linked to a library service. And if people know of specific linux/unix mailing lists I can ask my newby questions on, please let me know. Thanks! - Daniel

===============================
Daniel Cornwall
Head of Information Services
Alaska State Library
PO Box 110571
Juneau AK 99811-0571
Ph: 907-465-1315
Fax: 907-465-2665
E-mail: dan.cornwall at alaska.gov

Access and preserve Alaska state documents into the 22nd Century and beyond. See http://library.state.ak.us/asp for details.

My opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.