[Web4lib] Feedback requested on metasearch/Google Scholar position paper

John Wilkin jpwilkin at umich.edu
Tue Nov 6 22:34:24 EST 2007

I've got a couple of agendas here.  First off, in our IT shop we've been
batting around some ideas regarding metasearch and its relationship to
Google Scholar, and I'd appreciate some solid feedback on what I've laid out
in the paper online at:
  http://scholarlypublishing.org/jpwilkin/archives/6

Related to this, I'm exploring the use of CommentPress, a WordPress theme
developed by the Institute for the Future of the Book.  See
  http://www.futureofthebook.org/commentpress/
for more info.  It's struck me that a lot of what we need to say doesn't fit
neatly in a typical blog space, and that it would be helpful to have
something that bridges conventional publishing and blogging, particularly
with regard to structured or targeted feedback.  CommentPress provides that,
and could serve as a vehicle for elaborating an argument and getting
targeted comments.  So, comments and even brickbats welcome ;)

John

--
John Price Wilkin
Associate University Librarian for Library Information Technology and

Phone: 734.764.8016
Fax:    734.763.5080
Email:  jpwilkin at umich.edu