[Web4lib] problems with display in Safari

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Tue Nov 6 19:34:13 EST 2007

I noticed that your library hours are text displayed in an image.
That is a major usability issue. Less of an issue but still to be
avoided are the menu images. The type face looks pretty normal, so do
you really need images for these? Also, if you must use images for
text, then alt tags are even more necessary than usual. Usually, they
are only totally necessary.

IMHO, you don't need tables or divs for your content. Just style
paragraph and heading tags to create that look. You will want to put
that content in a div box for position.

Another thing that you can do with css is style unordered lists so
that you don't have to put an image link on each line (http://
www.cape.k12.me.us/tml/mission.html). That way, it doesn't clutter
your code and reduce your usability, and, should you decide to change
the image, you only have to do it in one place.

Thanks,

Cary

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company