[Web4lib] One consequence of the digitization programs

Chris Tinney vctinney at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 6 08:39:40 EST 2007

I have a sub section on digitized documents at:
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/bookspublicationsgenealogical.htm#Edpub

Nevertheless, from a webmaster standpoint,
for many years, in my subject interest, I have
found the only way to correct old and often
unreliable, or false information, was by the
process of cross comparison of link sites.
Over a period of time, the bad links simply
die out and are replaced by the better ones.

Anders Ericson <anders.ericson at norskbibliotekforening.no> wrote:   Libraries and others do a lot of digitization these days. But one of the
(unintended) consequences is an increasing amount of very easily available
texts in Google - however old and often unreliable and false information.
(Not unlike the new, but you get my point?)

I'm looking for digitization efforts that include some "consumer's
information" on the quality of digitized documents. Like links to Wikipedia
articles or librarians' input.

Anders Ericson,
Web editor, Norwegian Libr. Assoc.