[Web4lib] RE: CMS (Content Management System)

Jerry Yarnetsky, mjcpl reference information at mjcpl.org
Thu Nov 1 08:55:29 EDT 2007

Hi Tom,

I've learned a lot using TXP and as a result am planning a redesign of our
site (though I haven't decided whether to go at it incrementally or whole
hog).

What I've been doing for image handling is a combination of image uploader
with smd_slimbox (a lightbox variant) for galleries and bas_img_selector for
article images. What I don't like is the inability of deleting multiple
images at once.

The importer I like is ebl_batchupload as it can create image categories and
batch resize on the fly via a Flash dialog box.  It's currently out of
circulation awaiting an upgrade expected 12/1. He'll be charging $5 a domain
for it once he releases it again, but for me it'll be worth the price.
Another one that works for me is fpx_image_import. However, that requires
you to ftp your images to a special folder for processing. Not bad for me,
but not good for client that is not as tech savvy (I do freelance TXPing on
the side for a designer friend of mine).

Let me know your website address so I can follow it as you go-- it's good to
see another library try TXP!

If you have any questions let me know!

best,
Jerry Yarnetsky