[Web4lib] cataloging electronic resrces-public library

Raumin "Ray" Dehghan infoscience1 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:34:36 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues:

   I recently attended a workshop, for public libraries, on cataloging
electronic resources.  I was inquiring what experience any of you might have
in cataloging electronic resources, such as including electronic resources
on the OPAC, etc.

   It seems to me that if materials were cataloged this way it could be
something very useful - when patrons, do an OPAC search for materials, for
example, they get all their results in one place - print, electronic, etc.

   I am interested in input from people working in all types of libraries,
but I'm especially interested to hear input from people involved with public
libraries, since that is where I am employed.

   How time-consuming a project could this be?  I would appreciate any
feedback.

Sincerely,
Raumin "Ray" Dehghan
West Chicago Public Library