[Web4lib] LITA Next Generation Catalog Interest Group - Meeting at ALA Annual

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Sat May 26 07:54:00 EDT 2007

LITA Next Generation Catalog Interest Group - Meeting at ALA Annual

The LITA Next Generation Catalog Interest Group (NGCIG) will hold its
inaugural meeting at the ALA Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, on
Saturday, June 23, from 1:30 to 3:30 in the Madison Hotel Montpelier
Salon I.  We will have a managed discussion featuring presentations
on three libraries' approaches to next generation catalogs:

  Don Barlow, Westerville Public Library, will discuss their work
  with Innovative's Encore product

  Dale Poulter, Vanderbilt University, will discuss their work with
  Ex Libris' Primo

  Steve Shadle, University of Washington, will discuss their
  implementation of OCLC's WorldCat Local

LITA IG meetings are open to all ALA attendees (and for non-attendees,
we already have a couple of bloggers lined up).  Since this is a
discussion and not a formal program, we're relying on you to show up
with questions and input.

--
Thomas Dowling
Chair, LITA NGCIG