[Web4lib] IE7 address bar

Will Kurt wkurt at bbn.com
Tue May 22 13:10:01 EDT 2007

I think it's pretty unlikely that you'll find a  method for doing
this as a non-hideable address bar is intentionally built into IE7
for security reasons.
 From microsoft:
"Simply put, Internet Explorer 7 requires all windows to contain an
address bar. This helps folks surfing the Internet determine the
actual originator of the information that they are viewing, making it
more difficult for the user to be duped."
source:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/securityupgrade.mspx

Also even under full screen mode I wasn't able to get IE7 to hide the
address bar. It will auto-hide, but it's still accessible if you move
the mouse to the top of the screen.

--Will