[Web4lib] Speaking of Second Life

Hirst, Edward Alan, Jr EAH0116 at ecu.edu
Thu May 17 18:57:56 EDT 2007

and this weekend is the Info Island One Year Anniversary Celebration

there are lots of events planned..

ed

5/18 Friday

5:00 PM - 7:00 PM SL Caledon Reception on InfoIsland I- In the grassy
area beside the ALS building. Contact: JJ Drinkwater

6:30 PM - 7:30 PM SL Fireworks on InfoIsland I - same location
Contact: Rosmairta Kilara

7:30 PM - 8:30 PM SL Gallery Party - Library Gallery - InfoIsland.
IContact Abbey Zenith

9:00 PM SL InfoIsland I Tour: Meet at Welcome Center. Contact Jon
Kozhedub

5/19 Saturday

10:00 AM SL - ALS Program InfoIsland Open Air Auditorium. Contact
Lorelei Junot

10:30 AM SL - The Future of Second Life Library Discussion - Info
Island I Open Air Auditorium -lead by Fleet Goldenberg
and Maxito Ricardo - come join us and discuss the future of Second
Life Library
􀀄

11:00 AM - SciFi Book Discussion - SciFi Portal Contact: Hawk
Lightcloud

12:00 Noon - 2:00 PM Building Classes. Contact Anji Juran

2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Double Concert: AldoManutio Abruzzo & Jaynine
Scarborough at Pantheon Theater -InfoIsland II Contact: John2 Kepler

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Peace Park Opening - InfoIsland I Contact: Abbey
Zenith

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Machniama Class. Contact HVX Silverstar - ALA Arts
InfoIsland

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Grand Opening of Bell Library on Info Island I,
Rooftop Music and Dancing with the Stars - Contact Abbey Zenith/
Lorelei Junot

5/20 Sunday

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM SL Machinima class. Contact HVX Silverstar - ALA
Arts Infoisland

12:00 PM- 1:00 PM Renaissance Music Concert - Renaissance Island
Marketplace - Contact Thom D􀀎owd

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM SL New Librarian Orientation InfoIsland Open Air
Auditorium Contact Abbey Zenith

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM SL 5-6 PM SL, Sunday May 20 Pain in the Brain! How
to cope with teens in the library - HealthInfo Island - Contact
Cerulean Vesperia

5:00 PM SL SECOND LIFE LIBRARY ART GROUP

Please join the Second Life artslib* group for a tour of Ramonia with
Adam Ramona (Australian artist Adam Nash).

Meet at
Marni 220, 199, 23
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Marni/220/199/23/

5/18/07 - 5/20/07 - ALL DAY
Open House in the Reader's Garden, Cybrary City II (28, 24, 22).
Open house in the Garden, and distribution of free books by a local
SL author in ThincC Press format. Contact: Minerva Enoch.

Edward Hirst
Information Technology Librarian
Rowan Public Library
http://www.rowanpubliclibrary.org