[Web4lib] new book list script

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Thu May 17 13:35:49 EDT 2007

A quick note about what LibraryThing and book lists:

LibraryThing proper is used by some libraries for new book lists. They
catalog their books on the site and then make a "widget" to put on
their homepage or wherever they want the list. At present, the *links*
from the books on that list can't go back into their OPAC. We plan to
change that. But this is not an anticipated use. It's just a function
of how broken OPACs are that the *easiest* way to make a book list for
your OPAC is to hack together something from LibraryThing..

LibraryThing for Libraries is an OPAC enhancer, or a suite of OPAC
enhancers. We may end up including some sort of list-making
feature—the architecture is very suited for it—but it's not part of it
now. Maybe someone else will do it first or better.

Tim