[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 7:6 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:22:12 EDT 2007

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large v.7 issue 6 (June 2007) is now
available for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ7i6.pdf

The 26-page issue (PDF as usual, but HTML separates for each essay are
available from the home page, http://citesandinsights.info/ )
includes:

* Bibs & Blather - On Being Wrong (and more)
* Making it Work - library resources, innovation, futures and more
* Trends & Quick Takes - three essays and six quicker takes
* Net Media Perspective: Civility and Codes: A Blogging Morality Play

Given how much I've heard OpenOffice 2 touted as a much better way to
produce good HTML than nasty ol' Microsoft Word, I've included an
experiment on the home page:

The hyperlinks are, as usual, to Word 2000 "filtered HTML" files.
But there's another set of hyperlinks, to OpenOffice 2 HTML files
generated from the same Word file.

It's not really a fair comparison--after all, Word 2000 is two
generations and five years out of date, where OpenOffice 2 is the
absolutely newest version as of mid-April--but I'd be interested in the
comments of HTML gurus (send 'em to waltcrawford at gmail.com) There will
probably be a Walt at Random post later...