[Web4lib] U.Va. Library website design review

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:41:20 EDT 2007

Wow - this looks very good!

Some things that I noticed:

1.) I'm not sold on the gradient-shaded search-box - there are no visual
clues that I can actually use that to search. (other than the button next to
it.)

2.) The menu on the top left (check my account, etc.) seems a little messy
and out-of-place.  Do you need to have all those options there?  (i.e.
"Branches" as a menu item seems a little redundant, since you have a menu
for branches right below it.)

3.) The footer at the bottom could use some lovin'. (but that's probably on
the to-do list)

Andrew