[Web4lib] floppy disk issues

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Wed May 9 08:53:43 EDT 2007

I was attending this conference two weeks ago:

http://osheancf3.wordpress.com/

and they gave all of us pens with built in flash
drives.  All of the conference information, handouts,
and contacts was pre-loaded onto the 128mb pens.
One end writes and a cap on the other end unscrews
to reveal a USB connection.

http://www.engravedpens.com/dps-719.htm

I don't think that the cost of the pens was too
significant given the other option of custom printing
brochures and documents that usually are discarded.

I thought this was a great merging of old and new
technologies and very convenient. Friends groups
might consider selling these with library logos
or using them to say thanks.

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-421-5763
Skype: RBalliot