[Web4lib] floppy disk issues

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed May 9 06:01:39 EDT 2007

   From: "David Jones" <djones at scu.edu>
   To: web4lib at webjunction.org
   Subject: Re: [Web4lib] floppy disk issues

   >It isn't a question of the hardware on the floppy drive being bad as the
   >sectors on the floppy disk not lining up.
   ><<<

   >It's really too bad the SuperDisk standard never really took off and the drives are no
   >longer available new. Those darn things can read almost anything and there sure
   >were faster!

Yes, superdisks had some advantages, but.....I can't imagine any reason why I'd prefer something that had moving parts to something that didn't, or why I'd prefer something that could be damaged easily to something that couldn't.    Sure, nothing is perfect, but.....

dan

Show Up, Suit Up, Shut Up, and Follow Directions
dan at riverofdata.com
Dan Lester, Boise, Idaho, USA