[Web4lib] floppy disk issues

Stevens, Julieanne H. jhsteven at law.stetson.edu
Tue May 8 09:10:22 EDT 2007

I've had some luck, the last time being over a year ago, though, with
referring people to Kinko's. They've reclaimed several papers that we
were sure were lost to the world.

Our issue is much the same; we have no floppy drives on our computers,
but we do have an external floppy we pass around. Unfortunately, the
external doesn't seem to read damaged disks as well.

Juju

Julieanne Hartman Stevens, MLS, JD
Electronic Services and Reference Librarian
Stetson University College of Law
1401 61st Street South
Gulfport, Florida 33707-3299
Direct Line 727-562-7304
Internal  Extension 7204
JHSteven at law.stetson.edu

If librarianship is the connecting of people to ideas - and I believe
that is the truest definition of what we do - it is crucial to remember
that we must keep and make available, not just good ideas and noble
ideas, but bad ideas, silly ideas, and yes, even dangerous or wicked
ideas."
 Graceanne A. Decandido