[Web4lib] Librarians Create Bestseller

wroldfie wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 4 04:30:31 EDT 2007

All week I have been digesting the response I received on Monday for a post
with the same title. I spent years researching and writing a book only to be
told that the book doesn't matter, promotion is all that is important. So I
research the marketplace and find this behemoth, Amazon.com, which is
revolutionizing the way books are marketed in the world. I discover a way to
use this reality but it will take the help of my friends and I do have a lot
of friends in the library world. If the experiment on Friday is successful,
I plan on using the title, 'Librarian Create Bestseller' in the press
release because I believe the publicity would be good for librarians and
because if it happens at all it will be because of librarians.

If you have comments, PLEASE DO NOT respond to the list.

Thank you.

William Oldfield
Networked Information Research Associate
University of Waterloo Library
519-888-4567 Ext 32461