[Web4lib] Downloadable movies (UNCLASSIFIED)

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Thu May 3 16:19:15 EDT 2007

Dorothy -

We have signed up for a trial with Recorded Books for the My Library DV
service - downloadable videos.  These would NOT be downloaded in the
library, but on patrons' home computers.  We have a fairly wired (read:
moderately affluent) community here, mostly with broadband, and the site
makes it pretty clear what you need on your home computer to make the
service work.

We have not yet put this out, because we're in the midst of a massive
website re-do, but should have it live in a couple of weeks.   I'd be
happy to give you a 'report card' a month or so later, if that would
help you.  You'd have to remind me, though :)

Cheers,
Louise

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian