[Web4lib] Downloadable movies (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hill, Holly K CIV USA holly.k.hill at us.army.mil
Thu May 3 14:38:34 EDT 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Considerations
 -- Bandwidth. Unless you have a very large pipe, downloading movies can
take a very long time. And your other Internet connections will suffer,
as well.

 -- Where would these movies be watched? Do you have a dedicated viewing
room with media computer, headphones or speakers?

 -- Why not purchase DVDs?

We have enough problems with the few e-audio books we have through
Netlibrary and Overdrive. I can well imagine the headaches this
'service' would cause. And I bet that it would be a lot more expensive
than purchasing the DVDs.

I have to say I'm curious as to why your library would even consider
doing this.

Holly Hill
Barr Memorial Library
Fort Knox, KY