[Web4lib] Interesting Web/Library 2.0 data (was particpationSkills for Library 2.0 Leaders)

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu May 3 08:29:59 EDT 2007

> I would have to say that for Youtube and Flickr, they generate a
> tremendous
> number of visits because people can imbed the image/video on another site.
> That's a good way to drive non-contributory traffic to a site and skew the
> ratio.

This isn't "non-contributory traffic" that "skew[s] the ratio," since a
major component of Web 2.0 theory/practice is the idea that content is
portable/remixable. If I post a YouTube video to my site and people watch
it, they are participating in YouTube (and likely to visit the site
themselves).

The idea that the site is the destination is very 1.0.

K.G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com
http://freerangelibrarian.com