[Web4lib] Use of social bookmarking sites (WebVoyage-specific hack)

Dobbs, Aaron AWDobbs at ship.edu
Wed May 2 18:08:30 EDT 2007

At the recent (and last) EndUser conference, the Hackfest session worked
out a Voyager display config that provides both a persistent link in
(easy, had been done before), a link out to WorldCat (easy, had been
done before) and a social bookmarking link out to del.icio.us (as a
proof of concept).

The config lines for Voyager displays went out to
Voyager-Hackfest-L at list.tcnj.edu, which I'll paste here for other
Voyager sites without folks on Voyager-Hackfest-L:

-----Code-----
1.|Persistent URL for this item:
2.|   HTML:001:<a
href="http://your.local.catalog/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID={001}">http:/
/your.local.catalog/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID={001}</a>
3.|Other Resources:
4.|   HTML:020||a:<a
href="http://worldcatlibraries.org/wcpa/isbn/{a}&loc=17257"
target="_new">Check Nearby Libraries for availability</a>
5.|Tag Items (Beta):
6.|   HTML:001:<a
href="http://del.icio.us/post?v=4;url=http://your.local.catalog/cgi-bin/
Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID={001};junk=
7.|   HTML:245: ;title={a} {c}; note=LibraryCatalog">del.icio.us</a>
----/Code-----

**N.B.
1. Take out the "N.|" before trying this in your display config
2. The pre-filled "Notes" field link "note=LibraryCatalog" (as in above)
does not work, I am still trying to figure out del.icio.us's linking
popup syntax.
3. Oh and remember to replace "your.local.catalog" with the real url of
your catalog.
4. Oh and in the worldcat link, remember to change the "loc=17257" to
"loc=YourFiveDigitZipcode"

Sample record:
http://pilot.passhe.edu:8000/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID=87625

-Aaron