[Web4lib] Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders

Piero Cavaleri pierocavaleri at liuc.it
Wed May 2 12:16:54 EDT 2007

Dear Greb,
I think you have to consider also AJAX and related techonology.
Web2 or Library2 is not only building communities with the user (here in
Italy the most part of users don't use personalized parte of libraries'
sites), but also redesigning the interface of OPACs, bibliographic database
and all the libraries search application for giving our user more
information on "Singol page application".
Using AJAX and similar is non easy if you want to respect the standard about
the accesibility, but it'll allow us to offer richer interfaces of search
applications.
The easier way for understanding AJAX is a general resource like Wikipedia.
For trying it on your web site, look at a good book, for example "Ajax in
action" by David Crain and Erica Pacarello, Manning, 2005, and use a
Javascript library like "prototype".

Piero Cavaleri
Librarian
Biblioteca "Mario Rostoni"