[Web4lib] Resources? -- Web Standards and Semantic Markup

Jonathan Blackburn jblackbu at mailer.fsu.edu
Tue May 1 15:07:40 EDT 2007

Hi Everybody,

I am a library web developer looking for suggestions for some solid
"introductory" resources for learning about the importance AND use of web
standards -- and specifically "semantic markup" --  in web design.

I am providing a GA here in the library w/ a list of resources to begin
reading related to a project he will be working on this summer.

(E.G. maybe, a set of intro sources he can review over about 8-12 hours -
along w/ some more permanent reference materials he can refer to over the
course of the project.)

If you have some nice (preferably web-based) resources you would like to
recommend, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jon :-)

Jonathan Blackburn

Web Development Librarian