[Web4lib] Has Yahoo Become a Proxy Avoidance Site?

Chuck Thacker ChuckT at bloomingtonlibrary.org
Wed Mar 28 13:17:48 EDT 2007

We had this problem yesterday. It appears random because Yahoo has multiple IP addresses that direct you to their site, but if your DNS server returns a certain IP address it will get blocked by Websense or 8e6. From tracking it down, this IP appears to be attempting to redirect you to an adult site. We emailed a contact at yahoo, and they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Chuck Thacker
ITS Manager
Bloomington Public Library