[Web4lib] Re: Web4lib Digest, Vol 24, Issue 21

SharonQuinn Fitzgerald SharonQuinn_Fitzgerald at umit.maine.edu
Mon Mar 26 11:37:17 EST 2007

Hello Bonnie,

While I think the ERAM concept an exciting one to contemplate I have to say I was perplexed to read your call for the first 50 participants "who are willing to visualize a library not focused solely on print resource management."  Are there even 50
libraries out there that currently do focus solely on print management?

The ERM approach, whether it be via a formal product or home grown necessity has been underway for a bit.    While there is certainly opportunity for a new paradigm and for new limbs to go out on, let's acknowledge there has been some movement
forward with electronic resource access and management.  Having said that, I am very much looking forward to following developments with ERAMS.   :)

Respectfully,

Sharon Quinn Fitzgerald
Head, Technical Services
Fogler Library