[Web4lib] Media booking/reservation software

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Thu Mar 22 13:57:22 EST 2007

Apologies for those of you on the MRBS list, wherein I posted similarly
yesterday....

Hello, list.

The library at MPOW just inherited some 800 dvd's that used to be
managed elsewhere on campus. We're cataloguing them, and circulating
them through our circ reserve system without (too many) problems. But
(of course) the Film Studies professors would like the ability to book
the films for occasional classroom use, and I'm loathe to even explore
our circ system add-on that supports media scheduling, let alone pay for
it.

Does anyone know of a 'reservation' system for movies/dvd's that:

-Is web based and open source
-Allows users to search by at least title/keywords.
-Can e-mail reservations to some central admin
-can bulk load titles from an external source

Anyone done this, or something similar, or have another (very
inexpensive) solution?

Thanks

don

Don Hamilton
Department Head, Library Information Systems & Technologies
Wilfrid Laurier University
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
519-884-0710-x3336

Change is mandatory.
Survival is optional.
Choose wisely.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then
beat
you with experience."