[Web4lib] Forum/Bulletin Board Software with LDAP capability

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:21:35 EST 2007

I would think that quite a few of the OSS options would have LDAP
modules or perhaps hacks provided by users. I've used punBB for a few
projects and while it doesn't have LDAP support I found a few hacks
with a google search. The one authenticated against LDAP using Apache
httpauth then checked to see if they were authenticated. If so, set a
cookie and make sure the username was set in the punBB database (so
posts would be associated with them). phpBB's authentication process
is probably more complicated.

A quick search seemed to show that most are requested features but
many forums don't have it.

It does look like there is an addon for Vanilla:

http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3340/?Focus=41145#Comment_41145

There is also a plugin for bbPress (the forums by the Wordpress people)

http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/26?more=1

Ryan Eby