[Web4lib] Content management systems

Matt Grayson mgrayson at eserver2.lib.utmem.edu
Tue Mar 20 07:51:57 EST 2007

I wrestled with the workflows module for a while. The thing that did me in
was inability to *easily* create new, unpublished revisions while leaving
the current revision published. That's something else people should watch
out for when evaluating Drupal - when a user without publishing permissions
creates a new revision of a page in Drupal, it un-publishes the page from
your site.

I did some work on a patch to revisions for 4.7
(http://drupal.org/node/48731) that has since been rewritten as the Revision
Moderation module (http://drupal.org/project/revision_moderation). In the
end, we decided moderation wasn't worth the time and trouble as long as we
had the ability to revert to prior versions of a page.

Matt