[Web4lib] Content management systems

Malakia Oglesby moglesby at asburyparklibrary.org
Mon Mar 19 16:57:15 EST 2007

Hi Jonathan and other fellow Web4Libers,

Regarding CMSs I must have fiddled around all of them.  Drupal, Mambo,
Joomla, WordPress, Zoop, etc., before deciding on Joomla.  In my opinion,
it's one of the best out there.  There are numerous modules and components
you can install to meet your needs, and although there is a good deal of
learning required, especially as far as designing site templates goes (still
haven't mastered this yet), overall it was the most user-friendly I've come
across, from installation to launch.

(I played around with Mambo on a few personal sites before "the split" that
resulted in Joomla.  When I went back to the idea of using a CMS I'm not
sure why I choose Joomla over Mambo. Just did.)

I'm using the following url www.asburyparkevolutions.org for development
before deploying Joomla on our main website.  I joined RocketThemes (great
Joomla templates) and am still working on customizing the front and start
pages, organizing and creating the content, and putting it all together.
You're more than welcome to take a look at what I've done so far.

Any suggestions on how to improve it are also welcome.

PS.  Has anyone used the JoomlaPack module for backing up and restoring a
Joomla website?  I'm hoping to use this to transfer our site from one domain
to the other.

Thanks a lot,
Malakia Oglesby
Asbury Park Public Library