[Web4lib] Website Advisory Boards/Committees

VanderHart, Robert Robert.VanderHart at umassmed.edu
Thu Mar 15 13:08:32 EST 2007

Our library has recently launched a new website and our Website Advisory
Board Pilot team is charged with developing and implementing a formal
process for continuous review.

Since the Advisory Board is new to our library, we're in the process of
gathering information and are interested in hearing from other academic
libraries that have a website advisory/editorial board/committee/group:

-Who serves as the chair of the group?
-To whom does the board/committee report?
-Are members all library staff or are some from outside the library?
-Do you have a charter or guidelines that you'd be willing to share with
us?
-Does the board/committee conduct usability testing?
-Does the board/committee act in an advisory role only or does it have
decision-making authority?

Please copy my email address on your reply, since I'm a digest
subscriber.

Thanks,

Robert Vander Hart
Electronic Resources Librarian