[Web4lib] IE7 and Firefox 2.0 Search Engine for Web2

Lowery, Clint CLowery at coj.net
Mon Mar 12 16:05:53 EST 2007

(Apologies for cross-posting.)

I remember a thread somewhere about Firefox search plug-ins being used
by some libraries using the OpenSearch method.

My question is has anyone been able to construct one for the Web2 OPAC
for SirsiDynix?  I'm getting a 'Firefox doesn't support this search
engine' result so far in my attempt to create one.

I've looked at WebJunction and the documents there refer to the Sherlock
setup and are not Web2 based.

What I'm trying to do is create a search URL in the search engine based
off a general URL that I've been able to use in pulling results out of
our OPAC.  I realize the executable file is not your typical cgi-bin
type of search, but has anyone been able to create such a creature?

Clinton Lowery, Librarian
Integrated Library Systems
Jacksonville Public Library
3435 University Blvd North
Jacksonville, FL 32277-2464
(904) 744-2265 x 319
clowery at coj.net
http://jpl.coj.net/

Please note that under Florida's very broad public records law, e-mail
communications to and from city officials are subject to public
disclosure.