[Web4lib] AJAX/CSS and select drop down boxes

Micah Stevens micah at raincross-tech.com
Thu Mar 8 11:44:23 EST 2007

It's working for me in IE6.0.2900

The problem is based on the historical fact that form fields have
typically been rendered by the operating system/windowing system, where
everything else on the page is rendered by the browser. This for a long
time caused problems because the OS rendered form fields would draw on
top of everything since the operating system has no idea what elements
on the page are being drawn.

This caused enough problems that the browser developers are taking this
into account now. For a long time you would have to hide the form
element if you expected content to be on top of it as the work-around.

-Micah