[Web4lib] IM Security

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:35:01 EST 2007

What is their specific complaint about security issues?  That it is a
vector for remote exploits?  That opening up the ports on their
firewall for it will allow 'hackers' to access your systems? Or that
'industry secrets' will leak from your organization?

If you get a better idea of where they're arguing from, then it's
easier to prove them wrong.  ;)

I noticed that Meebo supports Jabber.  You can set up an internal
Jabber server to reduce the amount of traffic that needs to go
outside of your firewall, thereby reducing many of the security risks.