[Web4lib] The end of MySpace, SecondLife, and Twitter

Charles Lockwood dlibconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:08:03 EDT 2007

haha this PC Magazine author is out of touch.(wrong)  He's looking at it
from a technologists perspective, not a
regular person's.  Yes Myspace seems to be running on Cold Fusion, (?) and
is buggy. People by and large do not care. Recently I was in a public
library (returning one of my kid's books) .. the ENTIRE island of
public pcs was lined with regular folk,  and all ten of them, no exceptions,
were on  MySpace. Embarrasing for the library(?), but funny to me. A huge
phenomenon as mainstream media is tries to take it down because of all of
the real and imagined wild west social dangers and ill intended consequences
of strangers becoming friends. I saw a TV show whgere Dr. Phil (TM) warned
of MySpace horrors. (He is paid by Match.com by the way)   : )

But I do predict social networking sites like Myspace to evolve  with more
social filtering mechanisms to separate people by status, age, and social
standing (for various reasons).

C. Lockwood
Digital LIbrary Consulting US
http://dlib.webhop.org/