[Web4lib] Re: The Ultimate Debate: Do Libraries Innovate?"

Jesse Ephraim JEphraim at ci.southlake.tx.us
Tue Jun 26 16:53:18 EDT 2007

I'm also very interested in finding out how the "Ultimate Debate" went.
I was a professional programmer for almost a decade, so I tend to have
pretty strong feelings about the technical side of library innovation.

My biggest pet peeve with library technology is MARC records - until the
library world is ready to move to a non-archaic form of data storage, I
doubt that much will improve.  If anyone went to the event, was that
discussed?

Jesse Ephraim

Youth Services Librarian
Southlake Public Library