[Web4lib] The end of MySpace, SecondLife, and Twitter

michael.yunkin at unlv.edu michael.yunkin at unlv.edu
Thu Jun 21 14:26:55 EDT 2007

tracey wrote on 06/21/2007 10:39:23 AM:

> I'd like someone (or maybe I will when I get a chance) to think
> about correlating ties between those that spend a lot of time on SL
> and other avatar-based "games" with how much attention is paid to
> quality of life things in the physical world. Escapism is fine (we
> all do it to a certain extent in different ways), but I think the
> disconnect she talks about is growing larger

I've heard people say precisely these things about:
* spending too much time on MySpace
* spending too much time online in general
* spending too much time listening to music (first with walkmans, now with
iPods)
* spending too much time watching television
* spending too much time reading books

-Michael