[Web4lib] The end of MySpace, SecondLife, and Twitter

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 20 15:52:53 EDT 2007

Leo/

Yep ...

Hope All Is Well!

/Gerry

David Rothman wrote:
> The author of the article may be right that these particular brands may not
> survive.  So what?
>
> The point he's missing is that the kinds of services and
> functionalities they offer (and their descendent services/functionalities
> that will come) aren't going anywhere.
>
> For Pete's sake, all endeavors are doomed eventually.  That's no reason not
> to start them or enjoy using them while they're around and
> useful/fun/interesting.  How else is progress made?

Ditto on David.  It's just the nature of technology that things come and
go.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't embrace them -- when our users have
done so.

If it's good enough for them, it ought to be good enough for us.
They're worth chasing after.

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)