[Web4lib] Server software/package for bib database of faculty publications?

Nathan Vack njvack at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 15 16:22:59 EDT 2007

It's worth noting that while the Bibapp does have a lot of potential,
it's not yet fully-baked... we're still definitely medium-rare. We're
currently looking at what we'll need to do in order to move from
"makes for a sweet-looking demo" to "librarians and faculty use this
to get work done."

I'd say that if you don't have an IT person on hand to work on the
project (hopefully conversant in Ruby on Rails), wait for a little
while on the Bibapp.

That being said... yes, adoption and contributions will be warmly
welcomed indeed -- with the caveat that it's definitely not
production-ready software. Yet. ;-)

-Nate
Wendt Library
UW - Madison