[Web4lib] Server software/package for bib database of faculty publications?

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:00:24 EDT 2007

See BibApp from the University of Wisconsin. The project leads seem to be
Eric Larson and Nathan Vack.

Presentation video at Code4Lib Conference 2007:
http://www.code4lib.org/2007/larson

"The Rails-powered BibApp is the ultimate mashup of article databases,
citation management software, and digital repositories. To date, it's helped
us add over 2000 articles to our repository by organizing citations,
identifying articles we can archive, and generating DSpace import packages.
It also lets us analyze research produced on campus, illustrating popular
research topics, departmental affiliations, and collaborative relationships
between researchers."

Slides from presentation given at Open Repositories Conference 2007:
http://ewlarson.wendtlibrary.org/presentations/OR2007-BibApp.pdf

Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/bibapp/

I've seen a test instance of BibApp. It is quite nice.

There's also an open source wiki-based bibliographic management tool,
intended to be a replacement for EndNote or RefWorks called WikIndx. It
looks quite good also.

Homepage: http://wikindx.sourceforge.net/

Demonstration Instance: http://www.sirfragalot.com/wikindx3/

Tom