[Web4lib] Safari for Windows

Heather Ebey weblibrarian at sent.com
Tue Jun 12 15:09:12 EDT 2007

David -
I second Andrew.

There were problems initially--ages ago. I use it all the time too on
my Mac OS X system. Since I require students in my Web development
classes to make sure their Web pages display in browsers on both
Windows and Mac OS X platforms, I am happy to see Safari being ported
to Windows XP and Vista.  It eliminates having to set up accounts for
them in Browsercam (browsercam.com) and  teaching them how to use it.

I have found that Safari on the Mac (which I work on for Web
development) often has the same problems in display that are in IE 7,
and thus I don't need to immediately test new/changed pages in IE. I
can get things to display properly in Safari and usually (not 100% of
the time) it looks the same in IE 7.

  --Heather

Heather Ebey
Web Technologist
SJSU School of Library & Information Science
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/