[Web4lib] Re: Podcasts, Flash Players, and the Chipmunks

T Mac terrannews at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 13:50:42 EDT 2007

Hi Lawrence - Are you embedding the audio files or creating ActionScript links to them? I haven't tried it and I could be wrong, but I would assume that if you used ActionScript to play an external file rather than embedding it within Flash, then it wouldn't have the compression problems that it sounds like you are having. The Flash book I have uses this code (place the file in the same folder and place the code in the frame where you want the sound to start playing - the "true" tells it to start playing right away rather than waiting for it to download entirely first):

  my_sound = new Sound();
  my_sound.loadSound("music.mp3", true);

  Terran McCanna
  Electronic Services Libarian
  Hunt Library, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

  Message: 8