[Web4lib] Javascript help

Bill Teschek bteschek at hampton.lib.nh.us
Mon Jun 11 13:30:55 EDT 2007

I'm hoping some javascript guru can help me out with a short piece of code
(below). We adapted this from another website. It is designed to be a
redirection link that doesn't trick the back button and trap the user at the
destination page. It works just fine for most links that we put here (even if
the link is at the top level of the library's website), but in IE7 this one
DOES trap the user at this page.

Works okay in Firefox, Opera, and IE6, but in IE7 it doesn't. Ideas?

<script>location.replace("http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/library/blog/2007/06/were
-looking-for-volunteers.html")
</script>
</head>
<frameset cols="0,*"></frameset>
<noframes>
volunteers.html">We need volunteers!</a>
</noframes>

Bill Teschek
bteschek at hampton.lib.nh.us