[Web4lib] Podcasts, Flash Players, and the Chipmunks

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:04:00 EDT 2007

It has to do with how you encoded the files.

"Files encoded using 'standard' MP3 format at CONSTANT bit rate will
normally play, provided the sample rate is a multiple of 44.1kHz -
other 'interpolating' sample rates cause Flash Player to speed up the
playback. Sample rates of 96000, 44100, 22050 and 11025 samples/second
at 8, 16 and 32 bit depth will all work fine."

See: http://www.draftlight.net/dnex/mp3player/mp3format.php

Tom