[Web4lib] Drupal and wikis

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:34:48 EDT 2007

Hi Carol,

A wiki, at its heart, is a collaboration tool.  It's designed for
collaborative writing - dictionaries, books, papers, manuals, etc.

Drupal is a more 'full-featured' tool.  For example, you could have a
wiki module in Drupal that allows you the sort of functionality you
get with a Wiki, but you can also do things like newsletter mailings,
static pages, Contact Relationship managers, etc.  There are some
examples where libraries have even developed their own modules for
Drupal to search their catalogue.

I know that doesn't help a whole lot - my excuse is that it's Friday
and I need the weekend!

Andrew