[Web4lib] Drupal and wikis

Carol McGeehon clmcgeeh at co.douglas.or.us
Fri Jun 8 18:02:07 EDT 2007

I'm interested in the differences between a content management system
such as Drupal and a wiki.  I've been asked the question since we are
looking at using Drupal for our library web site.  What are the
strengths of using Drupal instead of a wiki to develop a library
website?  What are the strengths of using a wiki instead of a content
management system to develop a library website?

So far, I've been unable to find any information with compares and
contrasts these two types of software.

Carol McGeehon
Technical Support Manager
Douglas County Library System
1409 NE Diamond Lake Blvd
Roseburg, OR   97470
541-440-6005

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.