[Web4lib] web development company?

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Thu Jun 7 13:32:56 EDT 2007

Per request, I'm posting to the list:

We just had a complete revamp done.  We ended up working with the
company who had done our previous site design in 99/2000 (in fact, they
did the entire City of West Des Moines' site - I happened to be the
project manager, and can tell you more about the process if you need).

The old (still good) design is still in use at the City pages, our new
design is separate (we got a separate grant just for the Library to
change - we did this with city approval).

Old design at city:  http://www.wdm-ia.com
New design at library (still in progress - we only went live a couple
weeks ago and are doing some final enhancements):
http://www.wdmlibrary.org   We already have lists of Phase II and Phase
III items which we had to hold off on for budget reasons.  These include
increased interactivity, searching, some back-end admin stuff, etc.
These will add several levels of expected sophistication to the site -
we just wanted to get a good design start that gave us a platform from
which to expand.  Overall, we're pleased.

The company is called Spindustry.  www.spindustry.com  Though they are
locally based, they work nationally.  We were just lucky to have them up
the road, as it were.  They've been very nice to work with overall.  I
recently recommended them to a nearby university library system, as
well.

Cheers,
Louise

Louise E. Alcorn