[Web4lib] flickr

Will Kurt wkurt at bbn.com
Fri Jun 1 11:28:34 EDT 2007

Something that I didn't think of until I saw Patricia's response
mentioning copyright: Working in a commercial environment we have to
be very strict with copyright (since almost nothing falls under 'fair
use' for us).  In the advanced search feature there is a nice option
for setting your creative commons search preferences.

This has been really nice when users or the library need
illustrations or images to go with a presentation.

In many instances where the image will be widely publicized I still
contact the flickr user to verify the license specified, but being
able to quickly sort through Creative Commons images licensed for
commercial use is very helpful.

--Will