[Web4lib] Headphones

Stella Pool spool at avenue.org
Tue Jul 31 12:55:47 EDT 2007

We have provided headphones plugged into each computer since
2001.  After some trial and error, we found that Explorer headphones
by Telex have the longest life in the computer lab where they get
constant use and abuse.  Some of these headphones have lasted for
years.  They are designed for use in educational environments and are
so unattractive, we don't have a problem with theft.  We buy the
model with the volume control on the earpiece.  The sound quality is
decent and the cords are 6 ft. long.  If your budget allows the
investment,  I highly recommend them.  We've used several vendors
over the years.  If they tell you that the headphones are no longer
made, just go to the Telex website (http://www.telex.com/) and search
for a new vendor.

Stella Pool
Jefferson-Madison Regional Library