[Web4lib] loading database descriptions into web page

cathy alberts calberts2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 12:31:59 EDT 2007

Sandra,

  You might want to contact UMass Amherst or contact the vendors since they are more direct and the one has what you want to implement.

  The concept "dynamic" is a marketing tool.  When You hear or see the acronyms DHTML it is compromised of HTML, CSS, and javascript it is the server side.

  Cathy

  Sandra Cahillane <scahilla at baypath.edu> wrote:

Hello again,

Thank you all for your support. I really don't know how I've gotten along
without you.

Here is my latest dilemma. I have someone capable of writing me a script
that would load database descriptions into a web page for me similar to
what they have at UMass Amherst
(http://www.library.umass.edu/cgi-bin/aka/databases.cgi?command=viewdesc&id=5e413c58e05b0c653b4c01b7f85cb881).
That is, you click on an info button on my alpha list of databases and a
separate page with a description of one specific database is populated.
The problem is, I have no idea how to create the link that would pull the
info from the database description pages, I'm assuming that part would be
fairly simple though. Nor do I know how to format the description page so
it would work with the script. The person I am working with said to create
a "dynamic" HTML page, but I'm not sure what that means. These days, I
though they were all dynamic.

Do I need to create individual pages for each database description? Or is
their a way to create a page with all the database descriptions and have
the appropriate data pulled depending on which database you wanted info on?

Does anyone have pages/examples/sites they can share with me that I could
work from?

Thanks in advance,
Sandy

Sandy Cahillane