[Web4lib] Headphone for Library Internet use.

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Mon Jul 30 11:46:39 EDT 2007

 Lynea wrote:
3.      Our IT office ordered computers with headphone jacks only in the
back, so students were constantly moving the CPUs to access the jack and
in the process, unplugging other cables. That meant we were regularly
hearing "this computer doesn't work."

This was a major problem for us, too, with our old machines.  We were
lucky that the ones we just installed in February all have front jacks.
I was considering doing exactly what Lynea did if we'd gone on much
longer with the jack-in-back PC's - it was driving me crazy to be
constantly moving PC's back into place and re-attaching cords.  Plus the
USB ports were back there (we had *really* old machines).

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library
4000 Mills Civic Pkwy